Tuesday, August 16, 2011

postheadericon DELMON NO LONGER WANTED!


Delmon Young – Traded from the Twins to the Tigers and promptly hits a home run against his old team.  I love the Delmon trade for the Tigers and I love it even more for fantasy.  Delmon should now be seeing regular at bats and could thrive with a change of scenery.  I’d buy if anyone is selling.

Pablo Sandoval – Fouled a ball off his foot and had to leave the game.  He is supposedly only going to miss one game, consider him day to day.

Francisco Liriano – 6 IP, 5 ER and continues to pitch horribly.  Liriano is becoming borderline droppable and is certainly unstartable right now.  If he pitches poorly in his next 2 starts, I’d release him.

Ben Revere – 2 for 5 with a steal.  The steal was Reveres 21st on the season and should continue to see regular at bats with Young traded.  If you need speed, Revere is your man!

Brett Lawrie – Has now hit 3 home runs in 10 games played.  If you missed out on Lawrie this year, there’s always next year…. I love him for next year!


Mike Carp – 2 for 4 with 2 home runs and 2 RBIs and should be owned in all leagues if hes not already.  Carp is on a tear right now and should be started until he cools off.

Jesus Montero – Won’t be called up until September unless there is an injury.  When Montero is promoted, I wouldn’t expect many at bats out of him.  I know I previously said he was worth a stash but I am retracting that statement and saying he’s only worth a stash in keeper leagues.

Brandon Allen – 3 for 4 and 6 for his last 10.  Allen is getting regular playing time, and as long as hes getting regular playing time, he should be owned.

Nelson Cruz – Hit a home run and then left with quad cramps.  Cruz is expected to be in the lineup Tuesday night, but I expect him to sit!

0 comments: