Wednesday, June 1, 2011

postheadericon MAILBAG!!!!

Question
“3B rest of the way in 12 team roto non keeper. Pick one or two you would want on your team the rest of the season:


Lowrie, Lawrie, Alvarez, Reynolds, Moustakas, Figgins, Headley”


Answer
There is a lot of young guys in this group, and I often have trouble trusting them in their first season in the bigs.  I would say that 2 guys you would want on your team all year are Alvarez and Lawrie, in that order.  I do feel that Alvarez will pick it up this year and still give you 20 plus home runs.

Question
“I have three 1B (Votto, Morneau and Dunn) but only two spots (1B and Util). Votto and who the rest of the way (Morneau or Dunn)?”


Answer
This is actually quite and easy question to answer.  I choose Dunn hands down, Morneau has too many issues going on, and his recent pinched nerve in the neck is a real cause of concern for me.  I would try to trade Morneau, but don’t just give him away.


Question
Would you start Gio Gonzalez today against Yankees?

Answer
I truly believe that if you own a pitcher, you pitch him.  If you aren’t going to pitch him, why do you own him?  You should only play matchups with pitchers who normally shouldn't be owned, for example, Jason Marquis type pitcher.  Gio Gonzalez to me, is a pitcher you should run out there everyday with confidence.  No matter who the pitcher is, he is going to get roughed up in a game or two this year.  See Cliff Lee last night.



Question

Keeper league. I have lidge and guy is offering me his 4th rd draft pick next year for him. Would you?


Answer
On paper I say do this, but I don’t know the specifics of your league.  When I think of closers in baseball, Lidge doesn’t even come close to being one of the top ones in my mind.  In 2009 he saved 31 games with an ERA of 7.21, hes just too inconsistent.

Question
What is your prediction of when domonic brown will become a must start option?

Answer
I’m not confident in saying that Brown will be a must start option this year.  If I had to guess when/if he would become a must start option this year, is when he becomes completely healthy and starts getting his timing down in the big leagues.  If I had to guess when this would happen, I would hope around the All Star Break.

Question
Please rank rest of the way - Bruce, kemp, victorino, choo. Also, zobrist or k Johnson ROTW? Thanks!

Answer
There is a lot of good names in there, so this will be tough and is just my opinion. I'd say Kemp, Bruce, Choo, Victorino.   For your Zobrist and K Johnson question, I’m not a Zobrist fan at all, hes simply a product of one very successful double header where he hit a good amount of home runs and drove in a ton of runs. So I am going Kelly Johnson and then Zobrist.

0 comments: